i just remembered danes
telling me to post my Christmas wishlist if i ever had one.. :P~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1. Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered, whichever you're comfortable with) to your journal. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all -- something simple and practical for the medium (fanfiction, journal layout, icon, etc.); to medium-sized (DVD, CD, a smallish physical gift around ten or twenty dollars); or something large (computer, television ... angsty bishounen). The important thing is to make sure that these wishes are all things you really, truly want. If you wish for real life things (not fanfiction or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your entry, whether it's your address or just your e-mail address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your journal, or link to this post so that the holiday joy can spread.
2. Surf around your friends list (or friend's friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. Now, here's the important part. If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure -- if you have something you don't want that someone else does, something you won't use, or know where you can get something they want. You don't need to spend any money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to give everyone the chance to be someone else's holiday elf and spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously (Secret Santa) or not -- it's your call.
There are no rules with this, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just wish and it might come true -- give and you might receive. And you will come away with the feeling of having made someone's holiday special.
My Christmas Wishlist:
* a new laptop
* Starbucks planner
* 128/256 MB MMC for my phone
* Beaches VCD/DVD
* A book (by Max Lucado/John Maxwell) :)
* Fitness First Membership!
* Arwen's Pendant
* a complete JOBURZA/GOXGROUP gimik
* to be kicked out of the Banned People's Club --> for my parents.. although the ones who will know what i'm talking about would be Victory People :)